Bob was going to help me escape by letting me ride along while he ran some errands (we'd pile pillows into the backseat so I could lay across the seat as we've done in the past) and then on the way home we'd stop and he'd grab some take-out for lunch. I decided to nap while he took a shower and got dressed. I woke up to the doorbell ringing and hearing Bob yell up to me "can you get it, I can't walk." Ut-oh. I didn't answer the door because I looked out the window and saw it was a solicitor and I was not going to waste a precious trip down the stairs for that (I only get a few per day). Instead, I went half-way down the stairs just enough to see Bob in the family room and ask him what was going on. He said that as soon as he got out of the shower his knee started swelling up and became progressively more painful.
He didn't want to go to the ER - said it wasn't bad enough - but he quickly changed his mind as the pain grew worse and worse. He called his friend to see if he could come take him and his friend agreed. But, within 10 minutes Bob's pain grew so bad that he was dizzy and nauseated and said he couldn't wait anymore. I called his friend and asked him if he could meet us at the ER instead and he agreed. That way, once there, I wouldn't have to sit upright for a long period of time (since I'm not allowed to).
The ride there was stressful - Bob was hurting so badly that he was crying out in pain the whole way there. I think the baby heard him because he started kicking my cervix (ouch). Bob's friend was there when we arrived which was awesome and he helped Bob out of the car and into a wheelchair. I handed him Bob's wallet and phone and they sent me home to get back in bed. The baby stopped kicking my cervix (thank you, Baby O), perhaps because the ride home was quieter and less stressful. I'm so glad the hospital is so close to our house - maybe 3 miles.
I'm home now, waiting to hear how things go. Bob has an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday and I think I'll go with him and assert my thoughts on the matter - he needs to just do the knee replacement now because we can't keep doing this every two weeks - we need a long term solution so Bob can be relieved of the suffering and get back to work.
I'll update again when I hear from him. Please say prayers that his pain is relieved quickly and that a long-term fix is on the horizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment