Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bed rest blows! But the eats are great!.

I'm not freaking out, not crying, not irritable, and I'm not angry. But I am BORED!!!!!!! I'm wrapping up week 14 of being on bed rest and now that I can no longer go down/up stairs it is soooo much harder to take since there's nothing to do except watch TV, surf the net, talk on the phone, read, and sleep. I have to stay in bed except when I go to the bathroom. Granted, that's all I was allowed to do before - but at least then I could do those things from the couch or my reclining chair on the patio.

I have 5 more weeks before I reach the 36 week mark when they'll consider taking out my stitches and gradually lifting my restrictions. But that depends on how big Baby O is by then. If he's on the small side they'll make me wait til 37 weeks. BUT, at my last appointment it was made clear that Dr.S doesn't think I'll get that far. He's hopeful I'll reach 34 weeks. I'm hoping to prove him wrong and get to 36. We'll see.

I have 1 more week of work left - just 5 business days! I can't believe it. Then all my days will be as boring and slow moving as the weekend days LOL - great!? ;0

I don't complain much. I figure, what is the point? I feel like it sometimes but I "change the subject" in my mind since I know it won't change anything. I'm pretty proud of the way I've been handling this situation. I'm a type-A personality that's managed to calmly accept and deal with spending 3.5 months in bed so far. That's a big accomplishment which I haven't given myself much credit for until recently. Several people have told me they are impressed with my calm and my positive outlook and that makes me feel really good - like I'm evolving and gaining more patience and that will only help me to be a better mommy.

Besides, I'm very well fed. I know I talk about food a lot on this blog and that's probably boring for everyone that is reading. I apologize - it's just that besides the #1 priority (Baby O and his milestones), food is the only real excitement around here lately.

So today...another yummy buffalo burger for lunch. Dad brought it to me and an hour later Bob came up and asked me how it was. He had a funny look on his face and proceeded to say "was it better than yesterday's?". I immediately knew that was a trick question and JUST IN CASE, I'd better say yes. LOL. So I said, "yes, it was amazing!" Bob said that was the right answer since today he cooked my burger (yesterday my dad cooked it). He walked away with a big smile on his face and after he left the room I giggled because I realized that the two of them were so intent on pleasing me with food since there is no other way really to excite/please me.

Dad just brought me a heaping plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk! Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...we're fellow foodies too! I love hearing about the wonderful eats! Getting to 'know' you again is a real treat:) I've been smiling all day:)