It was not a typically sunny and warm day in southern California today. We woke up to a damp driveway and patio and a cool wind which hung around most of the day. It stayed damp but didn't rain much - a drizzle here and there. I was actually glad to see it through the window - it meant I wasn't missing a gorgeous day out there like usual.
I consider myself very lucky that yesterday was such a sunny and beautiful day though. Bob and Dad snuck me out for a drive to Ventura County in search of Oxnard strawberries. They're the biggest, juiciest and sweetest strawberries available and it's just a 60-minute drive away. I laid across pillows in the back seat and enjoyed the view through the sunroof and side windows. Bob patiently drove past the fruit stands that just didn't look like "the one" to me until finally we found the right one and bought a big box of fresh strawberries and some cherries too. On the way back they stopped at the market and bought shortcake and whipped cream. After dinner they treated me to a yummy strawberry shortcake for dessert.
THEN this morning my dad cooked me strawberry pancakes for breakfast - YUMMY!!!! Thank you, Dad!!
Today marked the first of my last two Mondays of work before going on maternity leave. It's hard to believe I have just 9 working days to go. It's performance review time and I spent the day discussing reviews I wrote for my team and continuing to document important information they'll need while I'm out.
Tomorrow we have an appointment with the perinatologist (high-risk OB), Dr.S, where my cervix will be measured (fingers crossed that it's the same as last time) and the baby will be measured and we'll find out approximately how much he weighs. I'm hoping he's fattened up and is ahead of schedule but as long as he's on track I'll be happy.
I know some of you are patiently awaiting a photograph of the new short haircut I'm sporting so I'll have Bob take a pic tomorrow for me to post along with the stats from our appointment. Stay tuned :)
3 comments:
Mmmmm....the strawberries sound so wonderful. I'm eating some with my yogurt and granola right now but I'm sure they aren't anything like the ones you picked up. I'm really hoping I have time to go strawberry picking once this summer. Good luck at your appt tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
your such a nut! :) After hearing about your INSANELY HUGE strawberrys I had to settle for ones that I could find at the store. I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes hopefully it's like we want it to!! :)
Hmmm...strawberry pancakes?!!? Sounds really interesting. I'll have to try them! Josh LOVES all kinds of fruit! Remember our raspberry picking on Musket Trail???
Post a Comment