This morning I woke up and Bob was staring at me with a look on his face that just screamed "oh my, how will we eat?" He'd deny it if you asked him though. He already had CNBC on the TV at 6:30 am. Ugh. He's usually watching it much earlier than that but usually in his office and not here in the bedroom - of course he was in bed because he's recovering from surgery. I looked at the remote and Bob caught me looking at it and gave me that "don't you dare" look. So I asked him (nicely) to turn it down so I could go back to sleep. He did.
Around 7:30 am I woke up again and Bob said "what do you think the chef special is for breakfast?". I said "I don't know, let's call him." I called my dad's cell phone (b/c he was downstairs watching TV) and dad answered his phone by saying "Room service!" I laughed so hard I almost peed the bed (key word being "almost"). About 15-20 minutes later Bob and I were both served strawberry pancakes in bed! My dad rocks!
What I found REALLY funny though, is that Bob couldn't handle just one full morning of bed rest. By 9am he was out of bed and in that office with CNBC on the TV, his stock trading software up on the PC, and his leg propped up on a chair hooked up to his "IceMan" device. I've survived almost 14 weeks in bed and he couldn't complete even half a day! haha!
5 comments:
Sounds like you have an incredible dad. Strawberry pancakes sound so good right now! Its funny that Bob couldn't make it through the day in bed, but at least its a sign that hes feeling pretty good. Plus, maybe now he can truly understand and be grateful for all you've gone through during this pregnancy. What is room service serving tonight?
I have to say I giggled so hard I almost peed myself - ;) literally! Hopefully you guys are having a good time ;) recouping (for him) and resting (for you!).
Well we always knew who the superior sex was, didn't we? ;) lol
This is why women have babies and not men! :) Craig wouldn't survive one day of morning sickness let alone bed rest!
And that is why we are the childbearers! LOL!
Post a Comment