Bob is home and resting. He has an "IceMan" machine - it's a cooler that gets filled with ice and water with tubing that connects to a thing he wraps around the knee and once it is powered on it pumps ice cold water through the compress around the knee to ice it. He has to have it on for 20 minutes, off for 30 minutes. He has to do this all day long until swelling is gone. ;0 He just turned it off for the night to go to sleep but once he's up in the morning he has to put it on and keep it on all day/night.
Once Bob was home and in bed my dad brought me dinner. Then I hooked up my contraction monitoring belt for an hour as usual and then I got the call back from the nurses -- 8 contractions in less than an hour. Ugh. That's twice the normal threshold and the most I've had in a session. Had to drink a bottle of water, put it back on for another hour and now I'm awaiting the call to find out how I did the second time. I really really really hope it was a fluke and the second session was below threshold. We can't take anymore excitement for the day.
My dad spent the afternoon and taking Bob to surgery, waiting for hours at the surgical center, bringing Bob home, going to the pharmacy and then getting Bob up the stairs and into bed. Then he made me dinner, helped hook up Bob's ice machine and then brought me water bottles. Seriously - we would be such a disaster without him. I need to think of a good way of thanking him for all of his support - so far I just keep saying thank you and letting him know we are blessed and grateful he's here. But I want to come up with something more so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. His latest love/hobby is Harleys (motorcycles) but he can't "play" with his since it's back in CT while he's here with us.
OK - just spoke with the nurse - second reading was much better - just 2 contractions (phew!). Huge relief. OK. Time for bed (I mean, time for sleep - b/c I'm always in bed LOL).
2 comments:
I'm glad Bob's home and your 1st monitoring session was a fluke! Hopefully his recovery will be quick and good!
Sounds like Dad is taking good care of the two of you. Be glad it is him and not me - he is a much better caregiver. I don't know what I would have done without him when Nana was with us. I think he loved her like she was his mom. Anyway, his reward is knowing you will have a beautiful baby and hopefully Bob will get better soon!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment