Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Permission granted...

...to go to a spa or physical therapy facility to receive prenatal massages!! Woo-hoo!!

I just couldn't wait until my next appointment to ask the question so I called Dr.N yesterday and asked if he would approve of me going to get a massage at a facility since I can't find a certified person to come to the house. Dr.N called back today to let me know I can have Bob or my dad drive me to a place to get weekly prenatal massages to help alleviate all the pain I'm having as long as I'm having no contractions from the walking between car and the facility and no bleeding. I can't be kept waiting in an upright position either - basically, as long as I can follow the bed rest rules in the process then I can go.

Thankfully my twice daily contraction monitoring has yielded very few if any contractions - even on the very rare occasion when I had no choice but to be up and around a bit - like yesterday when I took Bob to his doc (shhh...don't tell Dr.N that I did that) - even though I did that I followed the rules that Dr.N outlined for me and I monitored as soon as we got back to see if it stirred anything up and it didn't so that was a relief. Besides that one night a few weeks ago where I had several (7) in an hour, the most I've had in a session since then is 2. The threshold is in the 4-6 per hour range.

I'm so excited to call and make an appointment for the massage - I think I'll sleep better tonight knowing that relief is in sight.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so great Julie! Hopefully it will bring some much needed relief. (And it just goes to show you that you don't always have to wait until the next doctor's appointment to get important questions answered!)

Nicole said...

Doing the happy dance for you on the massage!!! :) Hopefully what ever place you end up using will be use to accomidating women on bedrest and your wait shouldn't be an issue! :) Yay for pain relief!

Lizze said...

You lucky duck! I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time! ;) I hope it helps you find some much needed relief.

Lissa said...

Yay! I'm excited you get to go for your massages. And even better that you will be able to go so often! I have a gift certificate I've been saving to go get one. I think I'll do it in the next couple weeks. I really hope this helps with some of your pains. I'm sure it will be great for your muscles to get some stimulation too!