Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bob being released to come home

I just heard from Bob and he is doing much better thanks to the morphine, IV fluids, and the fact that they just drained over 60 cc of blood/fluid from his knee. The ER doc reviewed the MRI report from the MRI Bob had two weeks ago and found a troubling discrepancy - the report concluded all was "normal", but the detailed description in the report noted tears in a tendon so there's a possibility that when Bob fell a few weeks ago he may have actually torn something that went undetected. However, Bob's ortho doc, Dr.B, is really a great doctor so it is possible that the report was incorrect and the films themselves could appear that all is "normal" so Bob has to discuss that with Dr.B on Monday morning. They need to talk and have him be seen anyway since we can't keep having these twice monthly trips to the ER and Bob can't keep being out of work - this is all too disruptive.

He's waiting for them to finalize the report from today's visit and to remove his IV line and then they'll be sending him home with some prescription strength Ibuprofen to get him through the rest of the weekend. I think I'd better order some take-out for dinner since tonight I'll be the most able-bodied human in the household LOL - at least I'm able to answer the door.

Thank goodness my dad is coming back out on Friday - I think we're really going to need him here.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Glad to hear he's headed home and in less pain. Let us know what the Dr says Monday, and just think... atleast the two of you can spend the day in bed tomorrow ;)