Bob is feeling much better this morning. The pain has subsided and he's comfortably resting in bed beside me. He's torturing me with his choice of TV programming and his commentary regarding work issues and the financial market - so I KNOW he's feeling better LOL. I am smiling, nodding, saying "uh huh" a lot while trying to entertain myself online. I'm letting Bob have control of the TV remote since I know his time in bed will be short-lived compared to mine. I can try to entertain myself with some reading and occasional online activity while he takes control of the TV. I'm glad my headphones are within reach so I can plug them into my iTunes if/when I get tired of hearing all the financial analysts' pondering about the housing market, mortgage crisis, etc.
Hunter is guarding Bob, laying on the floor next to his side of the bed. Winnie is occasionally visiting my side of the bed to show that I'm loved too LOL.
We're prepared if Bob's pain should return - they sent him home with some good pain meds and an antibiotic to prevent infection. He'll be calling Dr.B first thing in the morning to try to get in sooner than his scheduled appointment (Wed.). Based on the ER doc's review of Bob's MRI report and x-rays, Bob is feeling pretty sure that surgery is in order either to repair new tears and/or knee replacement (major arthritis in there) - it's just time to get this fixed once and for all and Bob finally agrees. Looking forward to seeing/hearing Dr.B's take on the situation.
We'd like to say THANK YOU to our friend, JB, who spent HOURS with Bob yesterday while in the ER. JB stayed with Bob, called me with updates, brought Bob home and then went to the pharmacy to pick up Bob's meds and brought them back to us. We're so grateful for JB's generosity and kindness - he's such a wonderful friend and we're so blessed for that. Thank you, JB!
1 comment:
Can we saint JB? :)
Glad Bob is home and obviously feeling better! ;) Isn't it amazing how you think about how much you miss them when they aren't there, but how quickly the annoy (in a good way) you when they are stuck right next to ya?! (I'm on day 3 of chris being home and wondering about justifiable homicide - hormone induced ofcourse!) :)
Post a Comment