Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby O's nursery decor - our little aviator!

After an exhaustive online search for a nursery bedding/decor set with an airplane theme, we finally settled on something. I can't believe how hard it was to find a set that was colorful and cheerful - most of them were just multiple shades of blue on a white background and that just wasn't going to do since we want to have a neutral wall color (sand/beige) that will grow with our son and not be baby-ish forever (and of course, save us from having to repaint later).

Once we decided on the set I had the daunting task of winning it on eBay since that was the only place we could find it. Three auctions later - yes, THREE - we finally won an auction and are able to purchase it. I'm a pretty savvy eBay-er too so I was pretty darn mad when I lost out on the first two auctions. But, since don't have many better things to do I suppose it helped pass some hours today. LOL.

So....here's a catalog picture of the bedding we chose for our little aviator's room. We'll be going with a more traditional brown wood finish on the furniture when we eventually get around to that part of the room after bed rest is over. We're also passing on the mobile since we weren't impressed with it and we'll find another one we like better.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmmm... is Daddy hoping someone follows in his footsteps? :) The funny thing is - we are adding the aviation thing to Jr's room too.

Julie said...

It's interesting because he's not hoping he'll become an airline pilot but rather a hobbyist pilot to experience the joy of flying. As a profession though, it's become one of little appreciation and benefit so we're hopeful that our son will choose something else but still experience what it was that drew his dad to become a pilot. :)