Saturday, May 24, 2008

Snoring....and cable on steroids

Each week that comes along brings more and more sleepless nights - or it feels that way since the sleep I do get is short-lived and incredibly uncomfortable. I get up to pee 4 times per night and each time it takes about 20 minutes or more to fall back asleep. Once asleep I'm usually awoken by my shoulder or arm going numb or by my hip radiating with pain so I need to switch sides. When I go to switch I have to be careful not to crush the baby because he floats up to the side I'm not laying on but it takes a couple minutes for him to figure it out and float to the other side when I switch sides.

This morning Bob told me I snored constantly and the only time it stopped was when I was up to pee or switching sides. He didn't get any sleep at all. At around 3pm he came into the bedroom to take a nap and watched part of "The Wedding Planner" with me but then I fell asleep and started snoring before he could fall asleep. He turned off the TV and I woke up and he told me I was snoring so I decided to give him a chance to sleep and I wandered into the guest room and laid down on the bed in there and fell asleep. I slept for nearly 4 hours! I didn't even get up to pee. I must have been totally exhausted.

After my nap I returned to my bed and started flipping through the channels. Bob came in with a print out of our cable packages and suggested I call to find out about adding more channels because my dad was griping about there being not much to watch. Now, we already had all but one of the available packages and were just missing a handful of premium channels, but the big thing we were missing was the Outdoor channel that comes with the Sports package. Bob and I are not big sports fans so naturally we don't have that package. I placed a call to Time Warner Cable and found out that we could add that package plus all the other premium channels we weren't getting for just $10 more per month. DONE! Within minutes my dad was engrossed in a movie on one of the new channels downstairs. I also found a bunch of stuff to watch that I was happy about - this will be very handy for the next month especially now that I'm not working anymore. So now we have cable on steroids haha.

A couple of my neighbor friends stopped by last night to bring me a new book to read for our book club. It's called "The Art of Racing in the Rain" (by Garth Stein) and it's written from a dog's point of view. Should be a fun read. The girls mentioned they (women in the neighborhood) want to throw us a shower after the baby arrives since I can't have one before that due to my bed rest restrictions - I was so touched by this. I continue to be amazed by and grateful for everyone's support and generosity through this journey of ours. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

who's the book written by? It sounds like a book my mother in law would LOVE! Glad you where able to get some sleep, I did too!

Julie said...

Hey Nikky, the book is written by Garth Stein.

Lissa said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a "floating baby" at night. I usually just end up getting up to pee every time I go to roll over so the Baby can kind of re-center itself before I go to the other side.